Indian Railways has one of the biggest railway networks across the world and it has twenty-six diverse types of passenger service trains. These trains are like semi high speed Gatimaan Express train, Shatabdi Express, Rajdhani Express and the Duronto Express. Speaking of Vivek Express, it is currently the longest train route in Indian Subcontinent and if you know about Thiruvananthapuram Rajdhani Express, it runs the extensive nonstop run between Kota Junction to that of Vadodara Junction.
Though these train journeys are absolutely exciting, comfortable and pleasurable; there are many things that you might not have an idea about Indian railways. Of course, you already have an idea about the pnr ten digital numbers that helps you know about all the data you want to know about your ticket and train right? Similarly, don’t skip out that three-digit number 139 that assists the passengers to keep their inquiries and get quick information. And also, these days the facility of Train Food Parcel is another boon. Anyhow, still there are some facts and realities about Indian railways that you might not know anything about.
- The foremost train on Indian Territory ran between the destinations named Bombay and Thane. It happened on April 16th in the year 1853.
- Indian Railways is the biggest rail network in Asia and 2nd hugest in the world.
- The prestigious Indian Railways transports approximately 2.5 crore passengers every single day.
- It is one of the world’s largest proprietors. It possesses more than 1.4 million people.
- The Dibrugarh Kanyakumari Vivek Express is the overlong train route in the realm of Indian Subcontinent.
- Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta railway station relishes the longest name among all the railway stations on Indian Railway system.
- The New Delhi Railway Station booked a spot in Guinness Book of Records. It enjoys this entitlement because it has the world’s most major Route Relay Interlocking System.
- Bhopal Shatabdi Express is the fastest Indian train. It runs between New Delhi and Bhopal Junction.
- The Mughalsarai Junction railway station owns the vastest railway marshalling yard in the entire Asia.
- Howrah is the busiest railway station in India. It has a train footfall of 974.
- It might interest you that the Gorakhpur Junction railway station owns the lengthiest railway platform in the world possessing a length of 1,366.33 m.
- Konkan Railway Train Route is the most gorgeous and stylish train route of Indian Railways.
- Rajdhani Express experiences the highest priority in the Indian railway network.
- Trivandrum Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express covers a lengthy distance of 528 km that too without any single stop. It is a non-stop train.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is considered to be the most arresting train station in India.
- Ghum Railway station of Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the peak railway station in the country
So, what do you think? How much you already know before walking through this post? Even if you had no idea about so many things, congratulations, now you know them.